The mission of Laurel Elementary School is to prepare students to be successful and worthwhile citizens who show respect for others, have good moral character and a good work ethic.
The vision of Laurel Elementary School is to provide quality education by guiding students in their pursuit of attaining lifelong success.
All students will have a variety of opportunities to learn and to reach their highest potentials. Learning will be applicable to the real world. Our school will provide effective leadership and a safe environment that is conducive to learning. Education is a team effort that requires responsible participation from the faculty and staff, the student, the family and the community.
Laurel Elementary School Parent/Student/Teacher/Principal Compact
School Improvement Goals:
- Students in Grades 3-6 will increase the percentage of students scoring proficient or higher on the annual TCAP Reading/Language Arts Test.
- Students in Grades 3-6 will increase the percentage of students scoring proficient or higher on the annual TCAP Math Test.
- Economically disadvantaged students at Laurel Elementary will continue to strive to meet all district and federal benchmarks.
- Students with disabilities at Laurel Elementary will continue to strive to meet all district and federal benchmarks.
- Students will continue to meet the system-wide requirement for 95% attendance rate.
We Are Laurel Shining Star Leaders!
We Are The Shining Star Panthers!
Laurel Elementary School is providing academic tutoring for their students in all grade levels who need additional support. Tutoring is available before school, during the school day and after school. Please contact your child’s teacher at Laurel if you want your child to participate in tutoring.
Laurel Elementary School
300 Gentry Creek Road
Laurel Bloomery, TN
*School Supply Lists*
*Johnson County School System Web Site*
*Tuesday, March 10th--Parent/Teacher Conferences
*Tuesday, March 24th--Report Cards will be sent home.
Laurel Bloomery Weather
Click Icon for Forecast