The mission of Laurel Elementary School is to prepare students to be successful and worthwhile citizens who show respect for others, have good moral character and a good work ethic.
The vision of Laurel Elementary School is to provide quality education by guiding students in their pursuit of attaining lifelong success.
All students will have a variety of opportunities to learn and to reach their highest potentials. Learning will be applicable to the real world. Our school will provide effective leadership and a safe environment that is conducive to learning. Education is a team effort that requires responsible participation from the faculty and staff, the student, the family and the community.
Laurel Elementary School Parent/Student/Teacher/Principal Compact 2012-2013
School Improvement Goals for 2012-2013:
- Parents and community members will be involved in the learning process at each grade level.
- Sixth Grade students will utilize IPads in the classroom.
- Laurel School will meet or exceed 95% student attendance.
- Sixth grade students will meet or exceed a score of 13 on the Explore Test.
- Students in Fifth grade will be proficient on the state writing assessment.
- Students in grades 3-6 will score proficient or higher on the TCAP Reading/Language Arts test.
- Students in grades K-3 will have a 3.5 average or higher on Children's Progress.
We Are Laurel Shining Star Leaders!
A big thank you goes out to all who helped make the Laurel Elementary School Fall Festival a very successful event! We raised $12,056.00. Thanks so much and keep on shining!
We Are The Shining Star Panthers!
Laurel Elementary School
300 Gentry Creek Road
Laurel Bloomery, TN
Thanks to all of you who helped make this a great year for Laurel Elementary School! Have a safe, fun summer. Don't forget to read! We'll see you back here at Laurel on August 6th for the first half day of school. Follow this link to next year's calendar:
Johnson County Schools Calendar
Congratulations to all Laurel students who participated in this year's basketball season! We appreciate our players, cheerleaders, coaches, and devoted fans! Great job showing you are shining examples of Laurel Leaders!
**Congratulations to Kendra, who won the county-wide spelling bee! Way to go!**
Laurel Elementary School is providing academic tutoring for their students in all grade levels who need additional support. Tutoring is available before school, during the school day and after school. Please contact your child’s teacher at Laurel if you want your child to participate in tutoring.
Laurel Bloomery Weather
Click Icon for Forecast